ALLSWE’s Major Functions
- The Association of Latina/Latino Social Work Educators provides a social networking/support group for Latina/Latino social work faculty in the United States and Puerto Rico
- It sponsors a meeting that convenes on an annual basis at the Annual Program Meeting of the Council on Social Work Education as well as a Latina/Latino Track and a Spanish language track
- It is a source of mentoring, and making connections through its reception at CSWE as well as its listserv
- It also functions as an advocacy group for Latinos representation on CSWE boards, and as site visitors so that Hispanic faculty can be involved in decisions affecting social work education
- The Association also supports Latina/Latino social work students at the Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral levels by providing scholarships each year. In the past several years, more than 20 scholarships have been awarded to needy students.